When you land at a connection page, blue padlocks are placed automatically in the password and login fields. By clicking on the padlocks, you will be able to select your username and your fields will be autimoatically filled in.
- Condition 1: Ensure that thebrowser extension is installed.
- Condition 2: Ensure a proper connection with LockSelf.
Step 1 : Click on any padlock*:
- A pop-up appears suggesting one or more usernames.
Step 2 : Click on the username of your choice.
- The login and password are then automatically added.
- All that is left to do is connect to your application.
When autocomplete does not work, or is unable to work (for applications downloaded to your computer, for example), you can use the clipboard shortcut directly accessible on the interface. These buttons allow you to copy the login and the password. Then you just have to paste these details in your application's connection fields.
Note: if the "Hide passwords" option is enabled by your administrator, shortcuts cannot be used. Only autocomplete will be able to be used.
To modify your passwords, opening your username's information pane suffices:
Step 1 : Select the username
Step 2 : Open the information panel on the right
Step 3 : Click on "Amend"
Step 4 : Change your password
Passwords can be moved individually or in groups.
- Step 1 : Select the username, a panel on the right of the screen appears.
- Step 2 : In the Actions section, click on "Move" then select the category to which you would like to move your username.
To move several passwords at once:
- Step 1 : Select them, a window on the right of the screen appears.
- Step 2 : In the Actions section, click on "Move" then select the category to which you where like to move the password.
A search engine allows you to easily find a username. Use the search bar at the top of the screen. Usernames can be searched for according to:
- Their "name" or their "URL".
- Their associated tag(s).
To delete a password
- Step 1 : Select it and a panel will open on the right of the screen.
- Step 2 : In the Actions section, click on "Delete" and then confirm.
Note: the action is irreversable. The username will be deleted for good.
Administrators - Moderateurs
For passwords whose activity you wish to follow, activating the password monitoring option is possible. By activating this action you will be notified by email of each action performed by a user on the password (consultation, use, modification).
To monitor a password:
- Step 1: Select it and a window appears to the right of the screen.
- Step 2: In the Actions section, click on "Monitor this password's activity" then confirm.