Read on to find out how to create a user group.
Only the Administrator account and Moderators can create and manage user groups.
User groups allow you to group together a set of users according to a division by service, department, rights levels, etc. They are used to facilitate the management of access to Shared Spaces. When a group is added to a apace, all the users associated with this group have access to this space. This avoids having to manage access individually for each user.
Moreover, groups can be dynamic : when a user is added or removed from a group, his rights are correctly reflected in the shared spaces via the groups.
User groups are dependent on an organisation but it is possible to have users from sub-organizations in a group. Each organisation can create, edit and delete its user groups.
It is possible to synchronize groups from the Enterprise Directory, globally or conditionally. This implies that you have set up the SSO interconnexion option and that you have created a SSO connector.
Create a new user group
- Step 1 : In the Management tab, click on « Group » after clicking on
- Step 2 : In the window that appears, type the name of the new group.
- Step 3 : Click on « Confirm » to create your group. Once created, it will appear in the list with other user groups.
Mass creation of users groups
Bulk creation of user groups requires creating a CSV file.
- Step 1 : Create a CSV file, with only one column, as follows :
This is what your file should look like in Excel :
- Step 2 : In the Settings tab, click on « Import Groups ».
- Step 3 : Click on « Import a file », select your CSV file on your computer, and click on « Validate ».
Your groups will be created in bulk and will appear in your organization in the Management tab. You will then be able to add users manually to these groups.
Edit a user group
- Step 1 : To rename a user group, select it and in the right information panel, next to the group name, click the icon
- Step 2 : On the window that appears, change the name and click on « Validate ».
Delete a user group
To delete a user group, select it and click on « Delete » in the right information panel.
|🚨Beware, deleting a group is irreversible. But this action will not delete the accounts of the group members.|