Read on to learn how to add and create a password in LockPass.
All users can add and create passwords in their Personal Space or Shared Space.
In this article you will find :
- How to create a password with the LockPass interface
- How to create a password with the browser plug-in
There are two ways to add a password, which are the same for Personal Space or Shared Space: with the browser plug-in, or directly on the LockPass interface.
On the interface
- Step 1 : In your Personal Space, or your Shared Space, click on then on the button « Password ».
- Step 2 : Select the space where you want to store your password (in the root of your Personal Space, in a category of your Personal Space or in a category of your Shared Space).
- Step 3 : Choose a name for this password (for example the name of the website) and the login (the email address used).
- Step 4 : Set your password or use the password generator to create a strong password.
|🚨 With this generator, you will be able to choose, among other things, the minimum and maximum number of characters and whether your password should contain upper or lower case letters, numbers or special characters.|
- Step 5 : Enter the URL of the login page of the website for which you want to register a password
|🚨This field is optional, in case you want to save local application passwords or private keys|
- Step 6 : Click on « See more options » to display the other optional fields.
- Tags : they will be used to search for your passwords in the field Research (click on « Add » so that your tags are taken into account)
- Description : to describe your passwords if needed
- Optional custom fields : to provide additional information (example: specific connection process, etc)
Then click on « Add password » : the password will be created and will appear in the space or category you specified in step 2.
With the browser plug-in
- Step 1 : On the website account creation page where you want to create a password, click on the LockSelf extension at the top righ, next to the search bar. On the window that appears, click « Add ».
- Step 2 : Set the items related to your password
- the URL of the website login page (this will be filled in automatically)
- the location of your new password (root of your Personal Space, category of the Personal Space or Shared Space)
- the name of the password (the name of the website for example)
- the login (the email address used)
- the password (as seen before, you can use the password generator)
- Remember to copy and paste it in the field provided for this purpose on the account creation page
Then click on « Add » : your password will be created and added in the space you specified in step 2.
You will now be able to continue the account creation process on the web page.