Read on to learn how to manage access to Shared Spaces in LockPass.
Only the Administrator account, Moderators and Category Managers can manage access on behalf of users.
In this article you will find :
- How to give an access right to a new user
- How to give an access right to a new group of users
- A presentation of the inheritance principle as it applies to access to Shared Spaces
Once you have created your Shared Spaces, you can start giving the first users accesses.
Depending on the type of user, the user rights will not be the same :
- The simple user will be able to add and use passwords from the Shared Space.
- The Category Manager will also be able to modify, move and delete passwords in the shared space.
🚨 Beware : to add an user to a shared space, the user must first have activated his LockSelf account. If needed, please consult the following articles :
Give an access right to a new user
- Step 1 : Click on the desired space, and on the right information panel, click on « Manage access ».
- Step 2 : In the window that appears, add a new user by adding him based on his email address.
Give access rights to a new user group
- Step 1 : Click on the desired space, and on the right information panel, click on « Manage Access ».
- Step 2 : In the window that appears, add a new user group by adding it based on its name.
When a user or a group of users is given new access to a shared space, inheritance applies : this means that the rights will automatically be passed on to the child spaces located within the parent space.
This inheritance concerns access rights but also the Category Manager status : when this status is given to a user on a given space, it will also be reflected on all the child spaces for this same user.
It is possible to break the inheritance that is automatically applied.
To do this, go to the desired child category, and in the « Manage access » box, delete the user, the user group or the Category Manager status.
- For a user or user group : Click on a user or user group and then click on « Remove ».
The user or user group will no longer have access to the child category, but will still have access to the parent space.
- For Category Manager status : Click on the user and then click on « Remove Manager Status ».
The user will no longer be a Category Manager for the child category, but will remain the Category Manager for the parent space.