Read on to learn how to manage access to Shared Spaces in LockPass.
Only the Administrator account, Moderators and Category Managers can manage access on behalf of users.
Once you have created your Shared Spaces, you can start giving the first users accesses.
Depending on the type of user, the user rights will not be the same :
- The simple user will be able to add and use passwords from the Shared Space.
- The Category Manager will also be able to modify, move and delete passwords in the shared space.
🚨 Beware : to add an user to a shared space, the user must first have activated his LockSelf account. If needed, please consult the following articles :
Give an access right to a new user or a new users group
- Step 1 : Click on the desired space, and on the right information panel, click on « Manage access ».
- Step 2 : In the window that appears, add a new user by adding him based on his email address, or add a new user group (based on its name).
Remove access rights to a user or a users group
- Step 1 : Click on the desired space, and on the right information panel, click on « Manage Access ».
- Step 2 : In the window that appears, select a user or a users group and then click on « Remove ».
The user or users group will no longer have access to the Shared Space in question.
When a user or a group of users is given new access to a shared space, inheritance applies : this means that the rights will automatically be passed on to the child spaces located within the parent space.
This inheritance concerns access rights but also the Category Manager status : when this status is given to a user on a given space, it will also be reflected on all the child spaces for this same user.
It is possible to break the inheritance that is automatically applied.
To do this, go to the desired child category, and in the « Manage access » box, remove the user or the users group.
The user or user group will no longer have access to the child category, but will still have access to the parent space.
Download an access rights report
For each Shared Space, category or sub-category, it will be possible for the Administrator account, Moderators and Category Managers to download an access rights report in pdf format, in order to have a summary of user access to the space in question.
To do this, go to a Shared Space or Category, and on the right-hand pane, click on « Report of Rights ».
You will obtain a document like this one :