Read on to find out how to create, edit and apply a password policy.
Only the Administrator account and Moderators can create and edit password policies. They and Category Managers will also be able to apply password policies to Shared Spaces.
If you want the passwords created by users in Shared Spaces to meet certain criteria, to ensure their robustness, it is possible to apply password policies directly to the password categories concerned.
Create a password policy
It is possible to create as many password policies as you want.
- Step 1 : In the Settings tab (of the Administrator or Moderator accounts), click on the Password Policies module.
- Step 2 : Click on « Add » and give a name to the policy you want to create.
- Step 3 : Then define the criteria you want to apply to this password policy. You can choose the minimum and maximum number of characters that the passwords should contain, as well as whether or not they should contain special characters, uppercase, lowercase or numbers.
- Step 4 : Click « Send » and the new password policy will appear with the other password policies in the Edit tab.
Edit a password policy
- Step 1 : On the Settings tab (of the Administrator or Moderator accounts), click on the Password Policies module.
- Step 2 : Stay in the Edit tab, and choose the policy you want to edit.
- Step 3 : Next, edit the criteria you want to change for this password policy. You can change the minimum and maximum number of characters that passwords must contain, as well as whether or not they must contain special characters, uppercase, lowercase or numbers.
- Step 4 : Once you have made your changes, click « Save » to update your password policy.
To delete a password policy, also select it in the Edit tab and click « Delete ».
Apply a password policy to a Shared Space
- Step 1 : Once you have created your password policy, go to the Shared Space of your choice, and in the information panel on the right, click « Modify ».
- Step 2 : Choose the desired password policy and click on « Modify ».
The policy is now applied.
|🚨Passwords already stored that do not comply with the password policy will not be "excluded" from the Shared Space. However, if you need to modify a password element later on (tags, description, URL, etc.), you will need to modify the password so that it complies with the Shared Space policy in order to validate your modifications.|