Read on to find out how to search for a password or a category in LockPass.
All users can search for passwords or categories in their Personal Space and Shared Space.
With the "Search" field located on the top left, it is possible to search for :
- a category based on its name
- a password based on its name, its URL or its tags
|🚨It will not be possible to search for a password based on its username, password, description or optional information: if you want to be able to search for a password based on its username, for example, you can work around this by adding the username as a tag|
The search applies to the Personal Space and the Shared Space.
To search for a password or category, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1 : Type your search in the « Search » field at the top left
|🚨If you are searching for a password based on several tags, separate them with semicolons in the search bar (example: Tag1;Tag2;Tag3)|
- Step 2 : Specify if your search is on a tag, or on a word contained in the name and URL of a password, or in the name of a category (for this, choose the option « Keywords, textual »).
- Step 3 :
- If you chose the « Tags » option, the search results will include all the passwords that have the searched word as a tag.
- If you chose the « keywords, textual » option, the search results will include all passwords that have the word you are looking for in their name or URL, as well as categories that have that word included in their name.