Read on to learn how to create and manage a category in a LockPass Shared Space.
Only the Administrator account, Moderators and Category Managers (for their specific category) can create and manage categories in Shared Spaces.
Categories are used to segment the Shared Space into sub-spaces to organize your password storage.
Create a category
- Step 1 : To create a category, go to the LockPass module, click on the « Category » button after clicking on
- Step 2 : On the window that appears, you will be able to chose several elements :
- The name of the new category
- The Shared Space or parent category to which you want to attach this new category
🚨 If you create :
- Step 3 : Click on « Create ». The new category will appear within the chosen Shared Space or parent category.
Once the category is created, you can then add as many passwords and child subcategories as you want. You can create as many categories and subcategories as you like.
Add a category as a favorite
You will also be able to add this category as a favorite, so that it will appear as a shortcut on your LockPass homepage, to find it easily.
To do this, click on the star next to the name of the desired category.
The category will therefore appear on the LockPass homepage, in the Favorites section.
Rename a category
- Step 1 : Go to the Shared Space you want to rename
- Step 2 : Next to the name in the right information panel, click on the pen
- Step 3 : Modify the name of your space, then click on « Validate »
Delete a category
To delete a category, click on it and then on « Delete » in the information panel on the right. You can only delete a category if it is empty of any sub-categories and passwords.
|🚨 This action is irreversible.|