Read on to find out how to create and manage Shared Spaces or categorie in LockPass.
Only the Administrator account and Moderators can create and manage Shared Spaces. The Administrator account, Moderators and Category Managers can create and manage categories.
Create a Shared Space
Shared Spaces are the parent spaces which will contain categories and passwords. You can create as many Shared Spaces as you like.
- Step 1 : To create a Shared Space, click on the button then on « Category »
- Step 2 : On the window that appears, you will be able to define several elements :
- The name of the new Shared Space
- The location of the new space : as you want to create a parent Shared Space, attach it to the root of the Shared Space directly.
- An expiry date : the date after which simple users only will no longer have access to the Shared Space and its content.
- Step 3 : Click on « Create ». The newly created Shared Space will appear on the left-hand side in the list among the other Shared Spaces.
Once the Shared Space has been created, you can add as many categories and passwords as you like.
Create a category
Categories are used to segment a parent Shared Space into sub-spaces, in order to organize your password storage. You can have as many categories and category sublevels as you like.
- Step 1 : To create a category, click on the button then on « Category »
- Step 2 : On the window that appears, you will be able to chose several elements :
- The name of the new category
- The Shared Space or parent category to which you want to attach this new category
- An expiry date : the date after which simple users only will no longer have access to the category and its content.
🚨 If you create :
- Step 3 : Click on « Create ». The new category will appear within the chosen Shared Space (or parent category)
Once the category is created, you can then add as many passwords and child subcategories as you want.
Add a Shared Space or a category as a favorite
You will also be able to add this Shared Space as a favorite, so that it will appear as a shortcut on your LockPass homepage, to find it easily.
To do this, click on the star next to the name of the desired Shared Space.
The Shared Space will therefore appear on the LockPass home page, in the Favorites section.
Rename a Shared Space or a category
- Step 1 : Go to the Shared Space or category you want to rename
- Step 2 : Next to the name in the right information panel, click on the pen
- Step 3 : Modify the name of your space, then click on « Validate »
Delete a Shared Space or a category
- Step 1 : Go to the concerned Shared Space or category, and click on it then on « Delete » in the information pane on the right.
- Step 2 : Enter the name of the desired space or category in the window to confirm your choice, and validate.
|🚨Please note that the Shared Space or category will be deleted, along with all the passwords and sub-categories they contain. You will be able to recover the passwords from the bin for 30 days.